How much allowence monthly for girl at boarding school

The school covers breakfast lunch and dinner so this money would be more so to do things with friends clothes etc the boarding school she is going to is called Le Rosey it is in Switzerland and just got accepted. I am thinking about giving her about 3000 monthly does this sound good is it not enough. She is 13 going to be 14 when she starts the school or what should I give sorry I accidentally closed the last one I know it is a lot of money for a 13 year old but one it's a very good school who caters to some royal families so I am worried if I don't give her enough she will be bullied I don't know if I should give her more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• When my son attended College Alpin Beau Soleil I sent no less than 9000.00 CHF monthly to ensure his welfare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Personally I think it's crazy, but I also think spending 130k/year for school is ridiculous when we have some very good schools right here in the US for much less money. My kids will be going to a (free) public school that offers the International Baccalaureate degree.
    You got a good answer before you closed your first question. Call the school and ask. They will be able to give you a much better answer than any of us.

Answer by missanc at 11:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• I suggest you check out their website ... It clearly stipulates that there is a fixed amount of pocket money per week that is given out by the staff depending on what year she'll be in it's either 15 or 20 Swiss Francs (17/22 dollars ...) and that all money beyond that and all credit cards must be surrendered to the staff.

I think that if there's bullying it isn't likely to be financially dependent - those who are born into money seldom give it a second thought... Also, as they have a very strict uniform code I really don't see why she'd need to worry about buying clothes.

Like I said, check out their website. There's a lot to be learned and, frankly, money really isn't the kind of thing I'd be worrying about when you have all sorts of administrative papers and visas to take care of first ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I think you are asking the wrong people. (Again my family and I live off just a little over $2,000/month, so there's no way that I'd be giving my kid $3,000/month) Call and ask the school. They would be the best resource.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2013

• Might be that she'll have no opportunity to spend even one dollar because everything is paid for and she'll be too busy with her studies to be bothered with anything else.

Consult the school. They'll tell you what is ALLOWED; at this level there will be limitations on how much money a student can have at school precisely to avoid bullying (or, more likely, theft).

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• WHY was my answer poofed???

La-dee-fricking-da
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• What does she need money for?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• So.....let me get this straight. You're affluent enough to send your child to the world's most expensive and prestigious boarding school and yet you're here, online, on this website, asking a bunch of working class women how much you should spend on her *allowance yet you can't even spell the word or type a sentence with correct grammar? Yeahhhhhh.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Just because I didn't take the time to go over my grammar does not make it no true whether you believe me or not, the reason I used this sight is because a friend recommended it. I am not trying to brag and I recently contacted the head master and he said this should be plenty, god I wasn't rude why do yo have to be maecntpntz219
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2013