Do you have a pantry in your bedroom? (LOL)

LOL no not yet but as fast as our ds12 is eating & growing we might as well have a pantry in our bedroom bc lately we have been noticing certain foods being opened or ate up, we don't mind it but damn he needs to learn how to portion his meals and snacks...Don't you think?
We're thinking about buying a lock for our cupboards. We don't know what else to do.
Thx ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Ok
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• No, I think you need to learn to control his portions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Growing teens are pigs. lol ;p But that's b/c their metabolisms are like that of a rabbit. Make sure you have plenty of healthy, filling snacks around. But feel free to hide the chocolate :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Yes when my DD's where growing up. I use to hide certain foods in my room.

Answer by louise2 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• No, but my teens know what they can/can't eat between meals. My almost 14 yo is a bottomless pit, but again he knows what is allowed and what isn't. If your child is unsure , leave a list of allowed snack foods on the frig.

Answer by missanc at 10:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I would never lock food up. My teen is a bottomless pit, he eats all day and doesn't gain an ounce ( I'm jealous lol).
    If it's such an issue for you get snack size bags and portion out 100 calories into them, or you could buy nutritious snacks,
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I do, actually, but it's not to keep the kids from getting it. We bought tons of cereal while it was on sale, and I didn't have enough room in the real pantry or anywhere else in the kitchen for it, so I put it on a shelf in my room as storage.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I do have a pantry in our bedroom only because the kitchen is downstairs and far away!!!! but it is open to everyone.....

Answer by older at 12:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I set out healthy, ok anytime snacks (fruits, veggies, granola) and keep the junkier (cookies, chips) sometimes only snacks put away. I control one, they feel good getting their own healthy snack. Works for this house!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I would simply give a plastic container of healthy snacks and refill as needed. I would ask the wrappers be put in the trash and anything that is not eaten. An air tight container works well. The container could be kept in the room. I have a sensitive eater so I really don't encourage snacking between meals so he can eat more healthy at meal times. But certainly I can see how a healthy eater with no other issues could benefit from a bin of healthy options in their room. I do try to keep on hand very healthy options for the times he does open the pantry and look around. I would not be upset but I would expect not to have crumbs and wrappers everywhere. Not fun.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2014