Help ladies.. husband wants to celabrate our anniversary by going some place...

my husband decided he wants to do something for our anniversary like a small vacation. I can only think of vagas ( he has been twice me none ) anyone have info on that like a good hotel ( as near to the strip as we can ) and food ( I love buffets lol ) also I thought maybe Florida but not sure where to go.. we love beaches and sea life and things to do.. but honestly no clue on anything in florida I have only been to Disney. we have done the casinos in CT and have done that on and off for a few years but it hasent changed its the same. I would like something fun.. different but not to to expensive. and no passports we don't have time to do that. I need some ideas... anything..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2013 in Travel

• We went to rockport mass on our first anniversary. It was really nice, quaint and quiet. We went on a whale watch. The opposite if Vegas but I loved it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Vegas can be relatively inexpensive if you go at the right time. Check discount travel websites like expedia,com, travelocity.com, etc. and you're more than likely to find a great hotel deal near if not on the strip. If you don't waste a ton of money gambling, lots of the experience of Vegas is cheap/free. Grab some cheap drinks and walk the strip or around the inside of the bigger hotels. Tons to see. No shortage of buffets either.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Try expedia or groupon, they have packages to all sorts of different places, I love Key West, but it can be pricey, check out Ft. Lauderdale.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• You could go to Mardi Gras! I forgot about that it should be medium warm, and they have casinos and parties, and lots of food!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• My boyfriend and I went to Phoenix a couple of times in January and had a blast. Warm weather, good food, it wasn't too expensive, we gambled, and had a lot of fun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Vegas midweek is cheaper.

Answer by louise2 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Go mid week to Vegas.
    Look at the Rio. Only a block off the strip, but runs a free shuttle to the Paris, and has all the ammenities of a strip hotel. You can get rooms there for like $35 a night. Also, go online and sign up for a players card. You'll get better rates. And if you really need to eat on the cheap there's a Burger King in the hotel!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Tybee Island, Georgia, is a quiet beachfront spot, not far from Savannah. We love it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• When's your anniversary? What kind of budget, and where are you traveling from?

Answer by gdiamante at 6:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Gulf coast of Florida is great. Sarasota, & Ft. Meyers Beach are our 2 favorite parts of that state. As long as you're not going during Spring Break, you should be good. Enjoy- whatever you decide to do. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2013