Have I miscarried?

I am 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. Two days ago I noticed I had gotten what was like a period. I have had moderate bleeding (red) since then, though it has slowed today and is brown in color. Two months ago I had a LEEP procedure due to an abnormal pap and biopsy. Everything was clear. While I've been bleeding I haven't cramped or passed clots or anything. This is my 2nd pregnancy (1st pregnancy after LEEP). I really want this pregnancy to go to term, but understand that things do happen. My OB said not to worry and that he can see me Monday. Does anyone know if this is a miscarriage? Or am I still pregnant and it's related to the LEEP procedure? Please be kind in your answers. Thanks!

Ainsley_Lovorrn

Asked by Ainsley_Lovorrn at 5:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's not sounding good Ainsley. From what I'm reading, you're well outside the post-LEEP bleeding phase. It may merely have been a chemical pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• You'll find out Monday, but it doesn't sound good. Best to let your OB make the call on this one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• i bled some, doc said implantation bleed
    i b;ed some more, much heavier, went in, first doc not there, another doc did external scan, she said placenta previa 100% covering , she said that i would bleed again if heavy she would take baby, if really heavy she would take my parts
    i said - i just will not bleed again, she looked at me like i was crazy

i found third doc, had him do scan- yup, placenta previa 100%, said it would not move, i would have c section, and i had to take easy and i might bleed, and i could have complications

i did NOT bleed another drop, i took easy and had to have planned c section 4 weeks early
    my child is at the kitchen table playing legos :)

no one on internet of even over the phone from medical clinic can say if you are, but bleeding not always a miscarriage
    but not a normal thing (especially if RED)
    take very easy, on couch, feet up, no lifting, no sex or anything else up there
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• i started bleeding at 6 weeks (give or take) it was light and brown
    then few days alter, HEAVY and clots- this is when i had EX ternal scan and got placenta previa dx

my baby made it through and 2nd doc basically told me that my pregnancy would NOT make it

just take it easy
    there is not much you can do except to relax - with feet up, no lifting and wait until monday

fingers and toes crossed for you!!
    women can bleed and still go through whole pregnancy with a beautiful baby in the end
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Hoping for the best, fingers crossed for you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• With my 3rd son I actually hemorraghed at 6 weeks pregnant. The doctor examined me and told me I had miscarried. He scheduled a D & C, but I already had an ultrasound scheduled for that day, so he sent me to the ultrasound, thankfully. Obviously I was still pregnant. He told me to go home an put my fee up, put me on progesterone and told me not to expect to carry the baby. I hemorraged again at about 3 months pregnant & this time he went ahead and did another ultrasound. My son was born a week early, perfectly healthy and weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. He is now a gorgeous, intelligent 22 year old. Try to relax I know it's hard, take it easy until you see the doctor. If he does think you miscarried. Please ask for an ultrasound....and feel free to tell him why.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Have to say your son is a looker :) lol. Glad you got an ultrasound done. Some dumb doctor told me I would miscarry because of severe cramping at the beginning of my pregnancy. I'm almost 37 weeks and she's still kicking the hell outta my insides.
    OP, I hope your doctor can confirm a healthy baby tomorrow.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 9:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• best of wishes today at your appt
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• So what happened??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• And?
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 8:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2014