What would you do in this scenario?

Okay so my daughter (15) ask me last Friday if her friend also 15 could spend the night. I of course said yes no problem there the best of friends. Well it was around midnight maybe early Saturday morning I heard noises and I crept into the hallway the noises were coming from my daughters room......and I walked in on her friend and her messing around with each other....They both seemed to be embarassed as well as I. I have yet been able to look at her and talk to her about it. I also have failed to tell my husband cause he would be PO beyond anything. So should I talk to my daughter or just let it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• she's a teenager, she's just experimenting, all you can do is be supportive and let her know u are there for her. you could also put the song i kissed a girl by katy perry and torment her or have it like a secret u too share. be a cool mom and let her know she didn't do anything wrong
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 8:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i agree shes a teen and might be just curious, but lol cubanflre i kissed a girl.. if its hard write her a note and put it on some cookies or a bag of chips mabe shes dreading u talken to her and a note might help u both out. that way she knows your ok and that she can talk to you and dad dosent know. good luck xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• She's probably just experimenting. I would talk to her and just let her know that it's normal and if she has any questions, to talk to you.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would definitely talk with her since you walked in on them. I would think very carefully about what I wanted to say and exactly how I wanted to say it. I would want to not sound like I was accusing or condemning, but I would definitely use it as a teaching moment about her sexualtiy. No subject should be taboo between a mother and her daughter. And if you want her to have the same values and understanding about sex as does your family, this is an excellent teaching opportunity.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Been there, done that. I didn't force a conversation about it. I waited for her and she finally came to me a while later and told me she and her friend were more than just friends. I just said, "Yeah, no kidding." We talked a while and that was that. It has been a few years and they are still together and so much more open.
    LinFul

Answer by LinFul at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lol ah the trials and tribulations of parents.
    i'm going to look at this one from a daughter's point of view.
    back when i was in school, it was the "in" thing to expiriment with your sexuality.
    nothing really to panic over, just some innocent touching and figuring out of bodies,
    You should be thankful it's not with a boy (lol sorry..) so at least she won't get preggers.
    it's part of human nature to be curious, and i would just suggest caually brining it up while JUST THE TWO OF YOU are together.. ask her, HER PERMISSION to tell DH as girls are personal about things like that..
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lol, I remember being 15 and experiementing. I was young and curious.. it was a very short phase.. but honestly, my friend and I were afraid to have sex, and were comfortable with eachother.. so it was more like practice for what we would do later.. well, with the exception that a guy wasn't there.. lol. I'm completely straight though, lol. But you could try talking to her about it.. being open and joking about it, may be good, however she may be just as embarressed by it and not want to talk. Just don't turn your back on her for something that may mean nothing at this point, even if it had been a guy.. most girls aren't serious at this age.. however I would talk to her about the safety of safe sex... etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009