Do i really have to wait 6 - 8 hours to give more IBUprofen?

My 3 year old woke with a fever . not too high, but its been climbing through the day. When my kids get fevers, they make sure they really get the worst ones. Luckily its rare.... at about 1:30 I gave in and gave him some childrens ibuprofen (its all I have) so he could rest. He was only about 101.2 then. Its now almost 6 and he is at 103. He is sooo miserable. Tried a warmish bath, ice water, he will not let me touch him, so a cool rag is out of the question. I really would like to relieve his misery, but by the bottles rules, I need a few more hours.

any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did you remove all his cloth?

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• You can switch between ibuprofen and acetominaphen. I know I spelled that wrong.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• yea he is just in a diaper, no blankies despite the protests. I don't have Tylenol, and my doc has said it really doesn't matter if you rotate or not. his poor heart is just pounding and he is crying. I know he has a headache.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I would give him a sheet for comfort. It is light enough that it shouldn't hurt his fever. And I would get him some tylenol. You can alternate the tylenol and motrin every three hours. But I would not give the ibuprofen again this soon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I think you might consider taking him to the doctor, if his heart is pounding and his fever has climbed with the meds Poor guy. Is he drinking fluids? Wet diaper every few hours?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I have no Tylenol and no one to go to the store and I am not dragging him there. he is climbing over 103 now, so I am giving him more lots of water. :(

poor boo.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• I would also give a Popsicle. It is cool and I have never seen a kid refuse one. It will get some fluid in him and cool him off a bit.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Call your doctor then.
    SleepingBeautee

• Call the doc again. Fevers only get worse at night and this is worrisome.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2013

• Leave the clothes on. Shivering causes the body to create more heat

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2013