Neighbors, Part Two

So yesterday, this woman said I threatened her kids because I told them I would be unhappy if they broke my wind chimes with their Nurf guns. I didn't say I would do anything to them, just that I'd be unhappy. Today, my daughter and stepson went out to play and found out that those same kids, ages seven and three, got spanked and grounded for shooting their Nurf guns at my window. I never complained to her. I never even asked them to stop doing that. What is with people?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Craziness. I don't remember exactly what it's called, but I've experienced similar. There are just those parents out there that DO NOT want you to do, or say, anything to their kids. They think that THEY are the only ones allowed to say anything negative to their kids, and then they tend to go overboard (remember my daughter's bully? yeah, they're parents like that).

Just chalk it up to yet another crazy neighbor, and you just rock on with your life.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• How do you know they were spanked?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Sounds like mom has some extreme emotions. I'd steer clear of her for the time being. At least the kids get along.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I do not think you should worry about it. Sounds like something that is out of your control.

Answer by louise2 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Anonymous

• Umm, you got what you wanted. They stopped and got in trouble for being little jerks.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• WOW Mom has some problems. I am sorry for the kids but You were right to ask them to move the target.

I would worry about my kids being anywhere near her.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• She's new to the neighborhood and was probably freaked that her kids were already in trouble with a neighbor. Next time don't be passive aggressive to kids. Just tell them to knock it off or they need to go home. They usually respond better. Saying "I'm going to be unhappy" has a lot of possible meanings.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I am sure the 3 y/o had no clue what was going on. I also would not take what another kid says as truth.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I didn't want them to get in trouble. I just wanted them not to break my chimes. I know they were spanked because some other neighbor kids informed my daughter and stepson of it when they were all outside together playing, and my stepson suggested asking if those two kids could come out and join them.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2013