Mother's Ring?

Okay, I've been thinking lately that it would be nice to have some kind of jewelry that represents my kids. The only thing I've really found is the Mother's Ring/Pendant. I've looked at Jareds, Kay, Zales, and a local store, all online. Jareds and Kay are the same "crate your own" site.

I have an October baby and a March baby. I DO NOT like that all of the above stores use a pink tourmaline for October. I like the Opal better. Baby #3 will be a May baby.

Does anyone know of a good site where you can create your own, that uses opal for October?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 3:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2013 in Shopping

• Found it.

http://www.danielsjewelers.com/Mothers_Pendants.shtml

Scroll down to the "Engravable Contemporary Heart"

Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I don't know specifically about mother's rings, but I do know that most of those chain jewelry stores are ripoffs. Go to your local stores when you can. My SO is in the watch and jewelry business, and he says those chain places mark up their stuff tremendously. As in, rape you with a smile and charge you for the lube.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Good to know. :)
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Walmart used to have a really nice selection of create your own mother's jewelry and it was reasonably priced
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I got my mom's at JC Penney, but that was 20 yrs. ago. I agree with giving a local jeweler your business tho.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• My mom had a charm bracelet, with engraved charms. Not the kind you see these days; it was a chain-style bracelet with charms hanging from it. No birthstones at all. The one for me was a little medallion with a girl's face and my name and birthdate engraved on the back. My brother's had two booties, with his name and birthdate.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Try lifetime mother (I think that's what it's called). They have a lot of choices and options.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2013