RN to BSN

I am not an RN, but I would like to be. It states you must have your RN first to apply, well that's what I'm trying to get. Confused. Will see college counselor, just explain if you have the knowledge tx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• I know my sister didn't have her RN before she got her bsn. Is this a university with this stipulation?

Answer by missanc at 4:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• There are two year RN degrees. You would need to have that before you could go for your RN-BS which is typically an additional two years
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• **To clarify, if the school is asking that you have an RN before you can apply for their RN-BS program that is what you'd need^^
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• tx
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Most universities that offer nursing programs tend to have two different tracks. One is for current RNs to obtain their BSN, and another program for those who have no previous nursing degree. You would of course want to inquire about the latter.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• If you want only a RN degree, community college would be a better fit. A BSN is a bachelor's degree, RN is associate's.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2013