Would this stop you from buying a house?

I know this is possible a stupid question, but...

I found a house I'm interested in buying, but it is a "village" and part of a township on the outskirts of the city I'm currently in. I'm familiar with the area, it's pretty small, but the problem now is that what if there is an emergency, the village has it's own fire dept., but they use the ems in the township and the police from the city and township... Well a guy I went to school with that harassed me for many years, but because it was only verbal I was never allowed to press charges (I tried), works for either the township ems or fire dept (not actually sure which).. Sometimes he still will send texts or emails (I've ignored him for years now, he will stop, but then randomly he starts again..)

I guess I'm just worried if by awful chance I have an emergency and they have to be contacted, what am I going to do if he is working.. He hasn't grown up at all and will violate all of me or my families privacy and start calling or posting it on the internet and so on and so forth..

Do I move and just pray that I never have an emergency (I pray this either way!) or do I just keep looking..

I know I wrote a lot, and sorry I reread it and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I really don't want to get into the whole entire story because it'd probably take me days to explain..

It will just be me and my two small children..

I'm not looking for rude answers...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Where you want to move is where this stalker guy works? And it is only you and your kids?
    I would find a different place to buy a house.

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I agree with PP.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I didn't know he did until a few days ago, but I have been looking at the house for a month and going back and forth with the owners negotiating the price and what will stay and what will go.. He actually works in the township next to the village, but the village no longer has their own ems just fire dept.. So if he works for the fire dept. I wouldn't have to worry about him being the one showing up if an emergency happened, but if he works for the ems then it's a different story.

That I know of I'm not sure if he even knows where I currently live, but he is just a total creep and I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find out if he wanted with all the technology..

Thank you for your opinions!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Unless it is an absolute good deal, I would look somewhere else...I don't think it would be a good idea to live somewhere  were you have a stalker....

Answer by older at 8:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I would find another town.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Yeah I'm having a lot of second thoughts now.. But I've loved that little village my whole life and the owners are working on leaving all main appliances, it is three bedrooms, four car attached garage, two full baths, plus privacy fenced in back yard and the only thing that needs fixed is the living room floor (which my father looked at and said he could fix it for free for me - he works with flooring).........for $27,000... I'm not sure I'll find that any where else.. But then for safety reasons is it really a smart idea :/ (so frustrating!!)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I would NOT live in fear. He surely must know that he can lose his job if you report him for harassment. It's a town/county job so he has to be careful. I would save his harassing messages just in case. Move where you want. How often would you need to call for an ambulance? You should get a restraining order in this case BTW.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Keep looking,
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• The thing is if there would be an emergency, quite often the police and the fire department. respond as well.
    We always pray that nothing will happen but you simply never know.

I would pass on the house and find another one that would not fall under his radar. I have found that if you find one house, you will find another.

I am sorry, I know that isn't what you want to hear.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• I disagree with the PP' s unless this man has been abusive of course.
    There is no way in hell I would allow anyone, and I do mean anyone to keep me from living where I want!
    If he works for the township, his ass would be slapped with a restraining order the first time he tried to contact me.

If this is where you truly want to live, then go for it!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2013