?? afraid to come out (fashion)???

Hate to admit it but I think I'm afraid to try rock a style I use to wear. 2 things I think block me. 1. What if I can't keep the look up because money is tight or something? The style is isn't expensive but clothes and accessories cost money. 2. Ppl who have seen me may make comments like oh wow your all dressed up or your looking good. Which are food compliments but the negative voice in my head flips it as , you normally look frumpy or why are tou making yourself look good.
Weird I want to feel good about myself but the positive attention scares me because my negative voice rejects it?????? Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Yeah, a couple. #1. Learn to accept a compliment. #2 You can find inexpensive ways to accessorize by shopping at discount stores & getting some after Christmas sales.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I'd be more afraid that someone would say, "The 80s called… they want their clothes back." **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Why do you give a shit what people think?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• IMO( and I am only a voice on the computer) you are no longer that person who rocked a certain look. You have grown and changed.Find a new way to rock such as pick a signature,wear that color daily even in small doses such as a stone in an earring. Be known for something,the gal that ALWAYS wears boots for example.
    I am 49YO and I am known to wear color, I am also known to never wear my hair long and loose(think Jennifer Aniston). I always have some kind of hair accessory even if it just a hairband. Play and have fun,you will be rockin' your clothes daily
    Robin-Christine

Answer by Robin-Christine at 5:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I want an improved look. I'm 30 and single mom...I want to feel good about myself. I use to think I was the bees knees, still do but my outside isn't fully showing that. I kinda don't care what ppl think. I may just want and need a way to stand out from my surroundings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Sorry, I can't help you any. I'm a blouse and jeans kind of girl. The only place I dress is for Church or some other dressy occasion.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 11:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I don't even own a dress or a skirt. I have had the same hair style since I was 12. I don't wear make up. I dress for comfort. I can be showered, dressed and out of the house in 15 minutes.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Wow lol I'm a girly girly so my look is important to me. I can do the basic..shower, dress, simple makeup in 30 min ONLY if my hair is already done. If not 45-hour lol even my tomboy look takes few minutes lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2013