Update on BIL's Funeral.

So, Stevie was waked on Thursday & buried on Friday. It was so incredibly sad. My Sister fell apart. She has no kids so she held tight to my Son's hand. There were so many people there that it was a good thing. He worked for the Sheriffs dept. so there was the Honor Guard there & they played bagpipes as we left the Church. It was nearly impossible to keep it together. The kids did great. I only brought them to the Church (the LO fell asleep on my lap) & to the Cemetery My 7 year old put roses on his Uncles grave & seemed proud to do it.
It seemed so much harder than when my Dad passed 1 1/2 years ago. I still can't stop crying for him & my Sister. He was too young to die. He was a really great guy too that would give you the shirt off his back to help you. He once stopped in the Bronx for directions & asked a pan handler on the side of the road then gave him $50. I can't imagine our family without him :(
Thanks for the good wishes the other day & listening.
RIP Stevie

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Wishing you all peace during this most difficult time. Your wonderful memories will replace your sadness eventually, but it really takes time. My deepest condolences. hug
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I'm so happy a lot of friends attended is funeral. It's a testament to what a good man he was.
    Death of a loved one is so hard, but the fond, happy memories will soon fill your heart and turn your sadness into happiness when you think of him.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a wonderful man. Hugs to you and your family.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I am so sorry for the passing of this young man...my heart goes out to his family and friends..it is never easy when a life is taken way too soon, hugs.....

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• hugs

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• What a hard thing, to lose someone at Christmas.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• hugspraying

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2013