Now that the holidays are over, do you still have any lingering guests?

If you have guests, or are a guest, how soon after the holiday do they/you go home when visiting?
Just curious if people hang around until school starts back up for the kiddos or if holidays are over, it's time for some peace and quiet and back to normal.
When we visit others, we usually leave after the new year.

CKel

Asked by CKel at 11:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2013 in Holidays

• We didn't have guests this year, thank goodness. I wasn't prepared for that. Christmas was great this year but I'm happy its over. I'm ready to get back to normal life, no more parties and get togethers.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• The holidays are over? I thought we had until New Years! We didn't have any guests this year, so things are back to normal around here.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Guests are long gone and any suggestions of Christmas have disappeared with them!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• No guests, just decorations to take down.

When we go visit, how long we stay depends. Many times, we leave a day or two after Christmas. One year, the year my grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary which is New Year's Eve, we stayed until Jan. 2nd, because we had a big party to celebrate. We try not to overstay our welcome, though we all love and miss each other so much it's hard to believe we could do that. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Guests for a week + would drive me batty. We only had one guest, but he had to go home Christmas Eve. My brother came up December 23rd, and left the following evening after dinner and presents.

My dad is home... again. But he's not a guest, this is his home too. He's a longhaul truckdriver and got home a week ago Friday, was able to stay til Thursday, came home again last night. Pretty unexpected as he's usually only ever home once a month. He leaves out again tomorrow morning.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Nope no guest that were staying at our house.
    We generally stay in a hotel when visiting. It makes it easier on everyone. Dad is the exception He now has a very large house and only he lives in it the house only three days a week, since he got married. So we have the whole house or the entire upper floor.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Nope- but the kids are having friends over more often. We still have to do our Christmas w/ my SD & her kids tho.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• We just had the last Christmas brunch this morning for my dad's side of the family, since it could best accommodate everybody's crazy schedules, which is hard to do when you try to get forty or fifty people together in one house. My dad's parents had eight children who lived to adulthood, so when those kids start getting married and having kids and grandkids, the people add up fast. Talk about food and noise and mayhem! Fun, but I'm glad it's over for another year. Now it's time to reclaim my house and my sanity. Put away the tree and the trimmings, eat up the leftovers, find places for all the new toys, send the kids off to school, get back the old routine, and rediscover normal.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• If we visit for Christmas, we leave a couple days after...like the 27th or 28th...
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 11:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2013