For anyone that stayed with their husband/boyfriend after he cheated

How do you begin to move pass the hurt? has the relationship got better or worse? What have you and SO done to mend your relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• husband did
    took forever to forgive and start to forget
    he did not do do much to help me get over
    then he did it again
    waste of time and heartache on my part, should have left him when i found out, or at least when he was not 'helping' me get over it

i will never again stay in a relationship where he cheats

the phrase, once a cheater always a cheater- is now written in stone for me

good luck
    if husband is truly sorry and will do everything possible to fix his mistake...you half a little better chance of relationship working out
    but still chances are low
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• if he did it once, he'll do it again.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• You need counseling to get to the root of why he cheated, and fix that problem, or he will cheat again. I've never been in that situation, but if I were, we would be in couples counseling for a long time, and possibly individual counseling for he and I.

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I was not even given the chance to see if we could work through it. He left me to be with her. They have been married for 11 / almost 12 years now and have 4 kids. He continues to treat me and our kids like the scum of the earth.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 5:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I cheated once and the consequences were so aweful and heartbreaking just the thought of doing it again is unthinkable
    shaiorta

Answer by shaiorta at 7:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• My girlfriend stayed with her dh after he cheated. They moved away from the town where it happened, they were both in a lot of therapy and she did it for her kids. They are stronger now but not totally over it. It takes a lot of time and willingness to build back the trust.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I've know people who have gotten to the other side... with counseling. Check out survivinginfidelity.com, there are a lot of people there who can help you!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 11:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2013