How much of a loser am I?

I had a tire blow out tonite. I have roadside assistance and have a donut spare. But I know you aren't supposed to drive that far on those so I need to get different tires.

I'm a single mom. All of my bills were just paid and Christmas was just a few days ago. I have NO money for tires. Heck, I need to borrow money just to get gas in my car to get me to work and back this week.

My daughter offered to borrow me the money so I can get some tires. I just feel like such a loser having to borrow money from my kid.

Anyone care to cheer me up?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 8:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2013 in Money & Work

• That's what good family is for. Be sure to pay the money back over time and pat yourself on the back for raising a caring kid. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Be glad you created a thoughtful child that is helping out in your time of need...,.cheer up it could be so much worse.....

Answer by older at 8:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Thanks. All 3 of my kids have actually been super sympathetic tonight and have all given me a hug.
    I will for sure pay her back as soon as I can. I just feel horrible having to borrow money from her.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• You're not a loser. Just ran into some bad luck.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• I'd say you're a winner--a damn good mom who raised some pretty damn good kids. And you ought to stop calling yourself names. How would you feel if your kids walked around calling themselves losers for needing to borrow money from you for a legitimate reason like putting tires on their cars to get to work? I thought so. Knock it off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• You're not a loser, I'd feel proud that I raised such a great & thoughtful kid! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• No worries, this stuff happens.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Nah. You rock.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Don't call yourself a loser. Think of the things you have to be thankful for like having a thoughtful kid. You'll feel better soon. This too shall pass.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2013

• Like you said- your bills are all paid and you provided Christmas for your children. I'd say that's a WIN!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2013