Baby Cold?

My son's nose has been sounded like its been clogged, He's breathing louder. And last night he started coughing and he feels alittle warm. Does this sound like he has a cold? What should i do for him if he does? I dont have a humidifier or whatever that thing is, i've been doing the nose drops. I feel bad because i was the one who started with the cold, and i still have it. But he seems happy and his normal self.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my babies get cold I use a humidifier and I put a pillow under on end of their crib mattress so that that can sleep elevated. Of course that doesn't work when the start moving around to much. If they get a fever with the cold then you should take them to the dr. If my babies were really little, I used the aspirator on their noses. I hope this helps a little.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• He's 7months, and i dont own a humidifier, and he is moving all around. I don't have the money right now to go get a humidifier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If he wakes up and can't stop coughing, take him in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot. The steam will help him stop coughing. Unfortunately they don't give you baby cough medicine anymore, so we just have to watch our lo's suffer and try to make them comfortable. If you can get your lo to fall asleep in your arms then you'd be able to lay him on an elevated mattress.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Alrighty i'll try anything lol Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Johnson and Johnson makes a vapor bath that really helps with congestion, although the knockoff brand works just as good. For a stuffy nose my doctor said use nasal spray and use the suction after that. I also have a vics warm humidifier and some baby vapor rub. My son usually feels better after two days. A nice warm steamy bath helps a lot with congestion too.
    chermrichardson

Answer by chermrichardson at 11:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2009