PGA

How is that boy of yours and how are you doing?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2013 in About CafeMom

• He is fine. I feel like crap.

He's better than fine. He's going for a follow up interview for a really good job tomorrow. Off all meds, doing great. For how bad it was, he seems to have healed up just as quickly! He doesn't have all the weakness and exhaustion that most people have. I think winding up in the hospital was the best thing that could have happened.

I, however, have this sinus pain that is like nothing I've ever felt. I've had sinus problems my whole life, so I'm no stranger to having rainbow colored fluids leaking from my nose. But this time its all clear, and the worst pain I've ever felt. If I bend over I can feel the fluid in my head moving and it is excruciating. My ears need to pop since Thursday. I feel like I'm underwater. Doctor tomorrow! Christmas Eve, Christmas and my birthday were a total failure. I am NOT going to miss New Years!

Thanks for asking! Everyone's good vibes for Kyle must have worked!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Jeez, that is awful PGA. I hope you feel better soon and glad to hear your son is better. No way to spend the holidays : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Good for the kid, now you get better soon!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Nope, wisdom teeth are long gone. I even had a ( car scan/ MRI? The one where you go in the tube) done to see if there was something in my sinuses. That was about 12 years ago. The only thing they've ever been able to tell me was I have rhinitis. Stupid diagnosis. That basically telling me I have a nose. Thanks. Lol.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Good vibes that he gets the job.

Question for you too PGA: Do you still have your wisdom teeth? I used to get some HORRIBLE sinus pressure every spring and fall. It felt like a baseball sized spot of total misery for like a month. It was so bad I could NOT see straight, think, or concentrate to figure out what 2 + 2 equaled.

Then I had my wisdom teeth removed and haven't had a problem since. The roots of my upper teeth were imbedded in my sinus cavity, wreaking all kinds of havoc on my face.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Glad he's better, and good luck with the interview

as for you, hope you feel better soon. That sucks :(
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• I am so glad. And though I am so sorry that now you are under the weather, that you are getting in to see the doctor.
    I am going to hope the good vibes from everyone are going to do the trick (grin)
    I also have teeth that have roots in my sinuses. But for me it mostly goes the other way. When I have a cold ore something my teeth ache.
    Hugs.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Good to hear the kiddo is on the mend. Fingers crossed that he gets that job. Hope you find some relief for that sinus pressure soon. You need to ring in that new year w/ everyone feeling well :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2013