Have you heard?

TMZ announced that GMA Robin Roberts came out, she is gay.

Did any one not know that already. At least the people who watch GMA.

I kind of thought her and Sam were gay. Just was waiting for them to say something.

What is your take on this.

Asked by louise2 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw that in People magazine on line last night.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Who cares. It's really a non-issue.
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 6:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• It makes no difference to me. I had never given a thought to her sexual orientation.

Answer by missanc at 5:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Personally I like it when "celebrities" come out. IMO it helps kids who are confused and maybe feeling isolated, and afraid,  to see that being gay IS normal. There is NO reason to feel shame. There is NO reason to hide who you are. I had this discussion with fellow teachers about 15 years ago. It seemed like a shame to me that gay teachers had to hide who they were, or get fired. As more high profile people come out, it WILL be no big deal, but right now there are still some ignoramuses (cough cough, Phil) who will try to make it seem that being gay is bad, or wrong. Maybe in 10 years almost everyone will think, "You're gay? ok. So how about those Seahawks!" But I don't think we are quite there yet. So I say YEAH ROBIN! YOU GO GIRL!

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 7:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Sam Champion has been out for a while. After the year Robin has had it's no surprise she wanted to publicly thank and aknowledge her long time girl friend. 

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Her sexual preference would only matter to her and no one else....she is till the same person she has always been.....

Answer by older at 8:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• In a perfect world, your private life would remain private. Unfortunately, people's partner preferences ARE known. If you go out anywhere with your "partner" people ARE going to know what your preference is. I see students/ former students everywhere I go. I went to San Diego a few years ago (1,200 miles from my home) and saw a student there. People who are gay, and want to keep it private for whatever reason, then have to never be seen out to dinner, at a movie, at a party, at church, etc.. . together. They can't hold hands, or put their arm around their partner's waist. I'm not talking about graphic PDA.  When I started teaching, if a teacher had openly talked about their same sex partner, they might find themselves out of a job. Things have changed thank goodness.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Rosehawk are you on the rag? Or menopausal?

Uhmm.... WOW!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 1:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• That was rude OP. I do not give a damn either. Whatever your sexual preferences should be kept private and that goes for EVERYONE.
    I can't be on the rag so I guess you can find something else to say.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• There is a difference between keeping it to yourselves, a private matter and hiding it.You do not have to hang on each other to go out together. You do not have to make public announcements. Just go about your business. I do that in my life and can not see why this couple hetero or that couple Homo (sexual) needs to make big piblic displays or act like everyone has to personally acknowledge their relationship. It is theirs"s. Not mine.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2014