Does your little one snuggle to fall asleep?

Some people kind of got rude last night, asking me why I wasn't snuggling with my daughter to get her to fall asleep, and the reason was because she hasn't ever been one who would drift off that way. Since she was a tiny baby, if I tried to rock her to sleep, or lay down with her till she dozed off, she always figured it was playtime, or chatter time, or climb on Mom time. So I got to thinking, she can't be the only one. Does anybody else out there have a kiddo who won't be rocked or snuggled to sleep? I sort of wished mine would over the years, but the only way she's ever managed to fal asleep is if I put her in bed when she's awake and let her get there by herself.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• HA! People think I'm lying when I say my son has NEVER cuddled to go to sleep. I have no cute pictures of him falling asleep in random places because it NEVER HAPPENED! EVER! As a baby he'd only fall asleep in the carseat, while swaddled, or in the swing. As a toddler only in the confines of his crib where he had no choice, and as a big boy only while laying alone in his room with no attention paid to him lol.

I'm not complaining though, he's an amazing sleeper. Sometimes he'll come cuddle for a few minutes, if that, when he wakes up in the morning but goes to bed no problem and stays asleep all night. But yeah, laying with or cuddling with him to go to bed has never worked out. I've tried!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Then why even do this in a question? If not to stir shit up!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Like I said was it necessary to start you question off that way. I read all 8 of those answers and didn't find SOME PEOPLE RUDE!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Usually we only have to say this to newbies, being told a truth you don't want to hear is not the same thing as rudeness. If you don't want answers, don't ask the fucking questions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Some people kind of got rude last night

Ok that is a great way to start off you question. "Some people"? This is why it has changed here so much! Can't you just ask the question?

Personally you seemed more freaked out than the child. I was honest with my response to you and not rude at all.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• You also have to remember if you are going to put every detail out there you must know you may get some different opinions.

Having a meltdown because your little wont fall asleep to me is silly as I stated.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• I cuddle them if they're upset. It doesn't matter if I am dead tired, sick or anything else my priority is settling them down.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• LOL you voted up my snarky answer and now you call out the rude ones, YES I was rude (ish) but I was honest. \
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Mine has always been a snuggler, I'm sorry.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• Mine were, yes. That said, it doesn't have to be full on cuddling. She could put her head in your lap while you rub her head, or sit in a rocking chair together. Just enough to get her calmed so she can sleep
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 6:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2013