CoMo Moms

I am looking at applying for a position in Columbia, Mo. We currently live in Hannibal, and it would mean a move. I am trying to get an idea of cost of living in Columbia, including daycare costs. Anyone in Columbia able to help?

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 8:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• No...But I'm sure you can Google it and find tons of info there. Good luck.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 11:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2013

• You most definitely can google that information.

I believe that Columbia is somewhat larger than Hannibal. This usually means that like many larger cities that those costs vary depending on where you actually want to live within the city. My first concern when moving is the crime rates in the area and you can google that.
    If you have an idea of north south, etc of the city, that will give you a better idea of whatever aspect of the life there that you want to know. You can also call the city housing commission or the chamber of commerce and ask them your questions directly.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Online searches produce percentages, I am looking for information from those who live and work in the area. Thank you for the suggestion, the internet search was my first step, gaining anecdotal information was my next step.
    preacherskid

Comment by preacherskid (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• The cost of living isn't any more than Hannibal. As you know it is a college town, so if you are renting, you need to make sure you are in a family community. The cost of groceries and gas are similar to Hannibal. As for daycare they have cream of the crop as well as in home daycare.
    It shouldn't be more money to live in Columbia vs. Hannibal, I think the economy is more steady due to the colleges.
    Anonymous