Pelvic pain for seemingly no reason

Recently a few day before and during my cycle for the last 3 cycles I have extreme pelvic pain. Bad enough it put me on Dilaudid in the ER and daily Norco just to walk and button my pants.

They did an ultrasound in the ER and found absolutely nothing and both ER doctor and my PCP are at a loss. I was diagnosed in July with fibromyalgia which everything says can cause pelvic pain but this has only happened a few times in this whole chronic pain problem and it seems unlikely that it would just pop up out of no where.

I've had 2 c-sections and at the first the doctor did an exam of the uterus,ovaries and tubes, he said that all looked good. After my second the doctor said that I didn't have any adhesions that she could see on my uterus and other female organs. Also in between kids I had a full fertility work up(vaginal ultrasound,HSG,etc) that found nothing physically wrong.

So we're all at a loss because it's not any of the usual culprits. I was offered birth control pills but between migraines and mood swings I can't take them otherwise I'd just stop my cycle.

I googled this and couldn't find much.

Do any of you have any experiences or even ideas or further tests I might ask my doctors about?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Health

• Has your doctor checked for PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease)?
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 12:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Define "pelvic pain"... where is it, what kind of pain is it?

I had pain for about a year near my ovary... turned out to be muscular vs organ. I ended up treating it myself with pelvic stabilization exercises and got better in a flash. All those tests and it was my own rehab experience that fixed me.... grrrrr!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 12:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• @Ramble It's about the same area as my c-section scar but it doesn't seem to be the scar.

@Brawn No but I'm kind of lacking in risk factors. Plus no fever or other symptoms of infection. CBC says no infection.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Let us know what they figure out. Have you had a colposcopy?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Have they also checked for endometriosis?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I just want to point out that a CBC won't necessarily find it. It's fairly difficult to diagnose. Just an FYI.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 10:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Yup, time for a colonoscopy, checked for PID, etc.
    Your PCP needs to refer you out... this is beyond them!

Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 11:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2013