How much milk should i leave?

On the 25th of January my hubby our 2 oldest and I are going to Disney Land its through my hubby work we get on a bus at 7:30 am get to DL at 4pm get back on the bus at 1 am. By the time we get home it'll be around 11/12 (afternoon). So we'll be gone roughly 30 hours. The rules for the bus is kids have to be 5+. So our 61/2 month old (shell be 71/2 months when we go) will be staying when my mil. She is breastfed just started stating"real" food. But still mostly bf. How much milk should I pump oz? I want to leave extra just in case she hardly has a bottle but when she has its been about 3 oz .Also how often should i pump while im gone

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 oz per hour away. I would leave 40 oz personally.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I would leave as much as you can pump in the time you have. It would be pretty awful for the baby and the caregiver to run out of breastmilk.

As for the pumping... You are going to have to do it as regularly as you would breastfeed. So every few hours or so.

I had to leave my middle son for a few days when he was seven months old. I couldn't pump that often and it really changed my supply of milk. I had a hard time getting it back to normal when I got back to my baby.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Leave what you think she'll eat. I would guess 32 ounces per day. I would leave 40 ounces to be safe. But leave formula also in case they need it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Daily need is 24-30 ounces. Leaving 40 ounces will be fine; gives a little overage.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I would pump after each feeding and freeze it and what you have is what you have and can be supplemented if necessary. I would have at least 60 onces myself and have it frozen. It is not going to waste if your MIL does not use it all. It is also great to mix the oatmeal etc. for first foods so depending on how much she is eating by that time you might bump up a couple.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Sorry as far as pumping while gone, pump as often as you would normally feed you baby. You may be able to scotch it back a bit but more than likely a tad earlier is better to avoid leakage and discomfort.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• 1 oz per hour you're way. 40 ozs will be enough. Anymore than that and it is overfeeding.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2014

• I would agree and say 40 oz per day, but it may not hurt to leave a little extra just in case---accidents do happen, so you want to be prepared.
    srltb143

Answer by srltb143 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2014

• I left 50 oz I was gone 41 hours and she drank just under 30 oz
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2014

• 1 oz. per hour
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2014