Did your husband make you?

I could be misinformed but three gals I've known seemed to have only got to the place they are because of their husband. Like one gal was doing ok but soon as she met her now husband he elevated her to higher levels. As in traveling more, took her to high class functions, and just exposed her to more. I'm happy for all that find a good guy and hope to do the same but I feel these gals would have never made it without them (the husband). Do you find that thr man makes the woman?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• NEVER count on a man to make you something. Never never never never never. You will wind up being very unhappy.

If you're not already "something" on your own, DO NOT DATE. Make something of yourself BEFORE you get in a relationship. There is something intrinsically wrong when a relationship changes a person completely from what she was before.

You need to be "made" before you get into a serious relationship or married. When that happens, the marriage becomes MORE than the sum of its parts. Each of you then brings something to the partnership that is new and enhanced.

I see divorce and desertion in the futures of your friends if they needed a man to "make" them.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Wouldn't that be called a "Gold Digging Hoe"???

Anyone can look for anything. But when it's all said and done, you are responsible in this life for carrying your own weight. Their husbands could die tomorrow and NOT leave them a dime...

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• im not sure how reproduction works for you but in my case my parents' sperm and egg made me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Elevated her to higher levels?? What were they before they met their husbands... indentured servants?? They just now happen to have two incomes, they are in a partnership, so they have more money to spend on those activities - not because he has a higher social-economic status. This question is ridiculous.

Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 10:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• That just doesn't make since! The woman CHOSE the man, therefore, the woman made the man.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• People change, regardless of social-economic status.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• You appear to be defining people by material possessions and expensive activities. It's almost like it never occurred to you that, with their spouses, they are two halves of one whole, enhancing each others lives in more ways than the material.

I am not defined by what I have regardless of the manner in which I got it.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 10:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• My husband brought new people and experiences to my life. And yes, it's easier financially with both incomes. But I bring half of that. And I brought new people into his life. So I guess we are just complete together. But as far as material possessions, or fine dining, I don't really consider that part of a relationship. Money comes and goes so making it a priority is a huge mistake.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I thought you were pregnant?
    I say we made each other.
    I am who I am regardless of the amount of money my husband put in the bank, and vice versa.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2013

• It's also your own upbringing and your surroundings that make you think of it that way. No offense, but a well educated person, would see that as nothing but a trophy wife, or again, a gold digging hoe.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2013