Cupcake question

I am making paula deen's chocolate cupcakes with coffee cream filling. the recipe calls for 1 cup of vegetable oil. i have made these cupcakes in the past (and i remember i used vegetable oil) and they turned out amazing. so will it make a difference if i add canola oil instead? im out of vegetable oil.

Sun.shine

Asked by Sun.shine at 1:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Canola oil IS a vegetable oil so you'll be fine :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• aright thanks!! i didnt know that
    Sun.shine

Comment by Sun.shine (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I've used the two interchangeably.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Canola is a type of vegetable oil and you will be fine. You do not want to use something like olive oil because it has a distinct flavor (and is also a vegetable oil) Canola does not have a distinct flavor so it is a very good choice.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Same thing. You could use butter too to make them richer. Post the recipe, they sound yummy, and since I have the week off work I'm going through cupcake withdrawal!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-cupcakes-with-coffee-cream-filling-recipe/index.html

sorry i don't know how to do the clicky thing. i have made them a few times before and they are simply amazing! my friends and family just can't get enough of them

Sun.shine

Comment by Sun.shine (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2013