S/O Would you be ok with a 18 year old boy dating your 14 year old daughter?

Yes this is a Phil Robertson spin off, that was their ages when they met.
So would it be acceptable for your family?

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 4:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• No. Ic ant imagine my ds, dating an 18 yr old in just a few short years from now when he will be 14. That is two different worlds coming together. What could an 18 yr old have in common with a 14 yr old anyway? Id say he was incredibly immature and after some child ass. Gross.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I called the cops when one tried to date mine.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Nope, nor would I allow some 18 year old bimbo date my 14 year old son. I don't care what 'was' acceptable. It is ILLEGAL now and there isn't the need for it now either. You want to defend that bullshit because of some outdated view of how the world should be, go for it, but don't get upset when people tear your ass apart.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Back when they met, yes. I don't know exactly how old my grandmother was when she met my grandfather but he was 10 yrs older then her and was married at 18(and was pregnant).

Now days times have changed and it is no longer socially acceptable.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• No, 4 years is a lot at that age, A 14 year old should have rules to follow that an 18 year old shouldn't need. at 21 and 25, not such a big age difference, the maturity level should be balancing out by then.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Hell no. There was a 3 year gap between me and my bf in HS, and if my parents had even the slightest clue what all that entailed, they never would've allowed that, either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Hell no.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Hell to the No.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• NO! Even though that is only a 4 year age gap. It is their ages that makes it wrong on so many levels. He is legally an adult. and in many states I think she is under the age of consent.

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Oh HELL NO! 18 is legally an adult, 14 is still a minor. That would be third degree rape of a child or third degree child molestation, depending on if there was actual intercourse or not, in my state. Subject to a fine of up to $10,000, up to five years in prison, or both and is a Class C felony.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2013