Just an Idea, idea #1

Did the tikka masala tonight, two thumbs up, one down. The down is making himself udon noodles instead. Don't think we'll have it too often, though. Heavy cream + yogurt just to make the sauce creamy = not exactly health food.

Next is papadum (poppadom? pappadam? none of the websites seem to agree on the spelling), maybe tomorrow to go with leftovers if I have time.

So that whole has to have a question thing, um what's for dinner? Anyone else start trying something new yet?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Is it really spicy?
    I am going to Sushi class in January, our local place teaches and sells the fish/eggs, seaweed for you to make at home, sure it won't be a bargain, but hey one more skill to add to the 2 I already have, LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• PS thanks for the idea!!!!
    2kids2dogs2cats

• It has a little bit of kick. I went easy on the cayenne, but underestimated what that much fresh ginger would do. Also, one of my garlic cloves was really 3 conjoined cloves (in addition to the other 3 it called for), but I figured wth, and used it anyway. As long as there's rice in each bite it evens out, though, and the rice brings out the cream in the sauce.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• We're just having steak, baked potatoes and finger foods til midnight. I'm not home at the moment... With other family.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 5:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• The foods are intriguing to read about. My family would mutiny if I even suggested preparing them. None of them are adventurous at all with what they eat. I have enough trouble just getting them to take in enough veggies! But I admire anyone who tries foreign cuisine or gourmet dishes, especially with kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• I have pizza dough rising for dinner. I'm planning on dividing it and then everyone can put what THEY want on their own personal pizza since we can never agree on what makes a pizza delicious.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2013

• Leftover beef stew for us this evening. Tikka masala is good the few times I have had it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2013