Yet another example of the Direction our Nations is heading?

A recent study by researchers at the University of California-Irvine, found that a third of students surveyed said that they expected B's just for attending lectures, and 40 percent said they deserved a B for completing the required reading.

WHAT????????? This is our future, America- A bunch of ENTITLEMENT WHINERS?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/education/18college.html?_r=2

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Back to the everyone gets a trophy generation. I was NOT raised this way. I will NOT raise my children this way.

THIS IS [yet another example of ] THE REASON FOR THE DECLINE IN AMERICA... jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• that is bogus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• They sound very spoiled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OMG. Pure entitlement. This isn't new though, it's been going on for a while. These are the children of parents that bought houses they couldn't afford but felt they "deserved." People think they "deserve" the best just because they exist in our society.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The same people who also think the government should take care of them....indefinitely!

I agree with grly (again! LOL)...I worked hard for the trophies I received (swimming), I was lucky to get a ribbon in larger meets...I never got something for nothing...and it's how I will raise my children! This is just more of the "my child is somebody" mentality.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nothing new, the same principle is being applied in sports as well. "Everyone's a winner-ribbons/trophies for all".....um...no, there is a winner and a loser. It's life, and the faster you let yourself realize this, the faster you learn to pick yourself up and try again. Personally, one of BIGGEST pet peeves is those who feel they are entitled to big rewards for doing little to no work!
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• the children have been taught that they "deserve" things instead of working for them.......Its a sad nation or children are growing up in.
    lovemlotz

Answer by lovemlotz at 9:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I really wish enough people and parents would open their eyes to all this...it is not being a mean and nasty heartless person to say ...come on America if you really want to turn this train about to wreck around...take some and teach some responsibility....personal accountability......don't expect something for nothing...teach your children the same.See years ago that is how things were done WAY more often ..amoung other things and that is all part of what made America so GREAT!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• While this is interesting (in a sad way), grly, you didn't really need the article to tell you what you already know. All you have to do is look around and watch the MSM. It's everywhere. I think most of these people don't understand about waiting in line for a roll of toilet paper, or a loaf of bread. They probably have never heard of Reader's Digest, let alone the fact that some people use the pages as TP. I have a feeling that they will learn it first hand if things keep snowballing for our country.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Quinn: You are right. Too many people feel they are ENTITLED to education, to own a home, etc... Purly Disgusting and the MSM just spoon feeds them. I just cannot imagine expecting to get a B for reading the ASSIGNED material. That is insane. I had to bust my ass, apply INTO my specialized college and only a certain percentage made it into the program. Looks like these Entitlement 18-22 year old Kids are going to expect it be handed to them. Absurd.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2009