Tax Refund pushed back

Was anyone else's refund pushed back another week? On the IRS website last week it said I would receive it by 2/24, which means I would have received it today. Today I look and it says 3/2. Anyone else have this happen? It was my first year filing as an independent contractor so I'm a little worried that I didn't do something right......I hate taxes! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Today isn't the 24th so it doesn't mean you would recieve it today. And yes I have had that happen before, but you have to remember it says it an estimated time you will recieve it. They pushed ours back last year and two days later we got it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The IRS only direct deposits on Fridays. The bank may hold onto it for a little bit longer but it's always on Fridays for the IRS. So yes, I would have received it today. But thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no, we have to pay in! Be thankful you get one:)
    lovemlotz

Answer by lovemlotz at 9:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We received ours a week earlier than their estimate date and ours was deposited on wed and availae on thurs
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We got ours today and e-filed on 2/10.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Also, direct deposits are not being made by the IRS till after 5pm. The recovery rebate has created the IRS to sludge. They simply cannot handle the mistakes that are being made when taxpayers are filing and they are determined to look thru them all that have additional stimulous. Sorry.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009