odd question

my 8 month is red in her folds by her legs and "teetee" as my three year old says. its like the fold between the thigh and her area, not her area, now i know its cuz shes rolly polly but what else can i do, i keep her clean, i put baby ointment on it, powder and so forth any other suggestions?

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 8:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. That's what you do I think. You can't make her grow and faster. But when she starts crawling or walking she'll slim down and it will get better. Try to keep it dry and keep Vaseline or powder on it to avoid chaffing until then.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Baby powder always irritated my little ones...
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If it's chafed from friction, Triple Paste is the VERY best there is. My advice is: after you bathe her, make sure it's completely dry and then apply triple paste.
    My daughter, however, got a mild yeast infection in between her little folds of fat when she was first born, and her doctor prescribed some cream to heal that.
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 9:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• you ar not suppose to use powder......exspecialy on girls......try (sry for spelling) bordous butt paste....expensive but it works wonders
    lovemlotz

Answer by lovemlotz at 9:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Air that area out as much as you can. When you change her diaper, clean all over & let her be naked for a while (leave her on the changing area and make sure that area is getting air) 5 minutes each time will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No powder, it tears down the skin. Use the boudreaux butt paste...if that doesn't work just keep airing out. Or ask your pedi.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• try aquaphor
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• cool thanks ladies, i have been using boudreuxs paste today and it is getting better i was using aveeno earlier. Thank You so much!!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• well, my daughter has eczema. Hers got really bad. it actually became more than red and was kind of like a wound. I took her to the doctor because nothing was working...we tried baby powder, diaper cream, vaseline, lotion, corn starch, even the prescription hydrocortzone cream her doctor gave me for the eczema on her face. He gave us stronger prescription ointment. We have only been giving it to her for a day or so, so there isn't much change. I would take you baby to the doctor if it doesnt go away or seems to get worse (stays wet, etc.)
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my first has eczema and it looked nothing like hers but i hear there are different forms, but it finally went away woohoo!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 6:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009