Ok, this isn't so much fun anymore

Anyone else under travel restrictions? Our county and another just announced the roads are now restricted to emergency vehicles only until sometime tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2014 in Politics & Current Events

• No... we are in a lull.... thankfully!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Not sure about travel restrictions thus far but the school district just NOW cancelled classes for tomorrow in the city. There was a fairly significant bruhaha because the burbs were closed but urban schools were not.

Don't see anything online about travel restrictions yet but I bet they're coming
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Our closings list is so long now you have to scroll a dozen times to get to the schools. Every major factory/complex is shutting down, even some of the non critical medical offices. Just messaged a friend I used to work with - they're still expected to go in. One of many reasons I don't work there anymore - anyone stays home tomorrow gets an unexcused, anyone pulled over driving in is expected to pay their own ticket.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Yep- as of 5:30pm. All schools & some Govt. agencies & businesses are closing for tomorrow already too. I wish the warehouse where my son works would do the same. I'm really worried about him driving in this tomorrow morning.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• "anyone stays home tomorrow gets an unexcused, anyone pulled over driving in is expected to pay their own ticket. "

Screw that. That company is asking for litigation
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 7:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Screw that. That company is asking for litigation

Only if the person can get by without unemployment. They're masters of harassing people into quitting or creating circumstances that support incompetence. They sue people for a living.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Sounds like a horrible place to work!
    We just got a bit of a thaw, but then it froze and now it's like a skating rink out there.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• "We just got a bit of a thaw, but then it froze and now it's like a skating rink out there. "

That is the worst. Thaw, refreeze, fall on your butt, repeat until spring. (Then it's mud)

"Only if the person can get by without unemployment. They're masters of harassing people into quitting or creating circumstances that support incompetence. They sue people for a living. "

Ugh. I just went through something similar and it took a long time and a LOT of stress but the company finally got their butts handed to them.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 7:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Thankfully we haven't gotten anything yet. The counties around us have already closed school for tomorrow, but I guess our district is waiting for the morning to see how bad it gets. Other than tomorrow supposed to be really cold, I don't think we're supposed to get much, if any, snow or anything, though.

You ladies who are in the thick of it, be safe. Stay warm. Take care of you and yours. Don't take unnecessary risks, like risking going out for anything you won't absolutely die without, if it's that bad out.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Florida May be full of crazies, but I'm happy being here now! Atlanta is even calling for snow.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2014