What should I get for a present for someone who just had a baby?

My sister is scheduled to have a C-section on Tuesday. She already has 4 year old twin boys now she's having a girl! I'm getting a nice 21 piece layette set for the baby. And I want to get something for her too. She lives in Montana and I live in Minnesota, so I'll have to ship it to her.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 10:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2014 in Just for Fun

• I would buy her a gift card to a take out restaurant or one that offers delivery. Then she doesn't have to cook for her big boys right after a major surgery.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• I like that idea, but she lives on an Indian reservation. And from what she's told me, it sounds like there's only fast food places there. The closest city is 2 hours away.
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• A mom pampering kit

Bath oils,lotions,bubble bath,foot scrub,etc

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Hmmm. What about something like scented candles and a nice bubble bath for when she's gets over her C-section and can indulge herself again?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• You could get her a nice nighty and robe set with slippers. After my csections that's all I wanted to wear and I really appreciated gifts like this that could help me feel better b/c I felt awful and was in a lot of pain.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Grocery delivery
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Diapers, breastmilk storage bags, wipes, SNACKS, etc
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• I love the suggestion of pampering stuff for her.
    Also consider getting something for her other children. This helps A LOT with the jealousy issue. When I had my 3rd child, family bought gifts for my other 2 as well and it made my children and myself feel special.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• A gift card so she can get something she needs for herself such as cloths, bras, etc. All that pampering stuff is great but if you need cloths or shoes it's useless.
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 11:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2014

• Ramble_on, I agree with you. But I know how many times I've been given a gift card to buy something for me and end up buying something for my kids instead. :-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2014