Does this bother you?

When I hear people say they don't have car insurance!!!! Don't drive if you can't afford to insure it! I pay extra for uninsured motorist coverage just because of people who can't obey the law! GRRRRR Sorry had to vent..... Please stay off the road if you aren't insured, I don't want my childrens and hubby's lives in your uninsured hands...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I went to the car insurance place to get insurance. I walked in and the lady goes "Wait, you don't have car insurance? How did you get here? Don't you know you shouldn't drive when you don't have insurance?!" and was yelling at me. I was so taken aback. I finally got a word in and told her "My mom is in the car driving, do you want me to go get her?". She finally calmed down. I needed the insurance, otherwise I would have left. I think that's bad customer service to treat everyone like they are evil drivers with no insurance, because some people actually follow the rules. It's a shame she didn't save all that hate and anger to someone who actually did break the law and deserved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I agree you have to start somewhere and she shouldnt have yelled at you... You can get it online though, and not have to leave the house...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Driving is a privelege. Insuring and registering your vehicle is a responsible thing to do, not just for yourself and your passengers, but also for other drivers on the road.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My husband was rear-ended by a another car without insurance and we have been in a lawsuit with this person for almost a year now. Get your car insured people!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• A lady I work with has no DL because she was at fault in a wreck with no insurance. They took her DL's for 10 years. It was a major crash and someone was seriously injured. A simple $39 Liability policy would have kept her legal and even though the crash may has still happened, she would have her DL and other injured person wouldn't have had the headache of the bills associated with their injury. I feel so sorry for the people she hurt, luckily their insurance did cover most of it on the Uninsured Motorist clause, but I bet it hiked their rate!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Its illegal in the state of GA. THe fines are very serious and its certainly not smart. I have to keep higher limits on my vehicle because its a big suv and if I hit someone in a very expensive car, it might do more damage than the average car. Also my truck has expensive parts and if an uninsured motorist were to hit me, they better pray that it doesn't do a lot of damage, because not only would it be expensive...I would sue the crap out of them.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• In Ohio if your stopped without insurance it is worse then a DUI. I always have insurance.

I know the BMV here sent DH someone giving him 30 days to prove he had insurance or his license would be suspended. He always had insurance and so do I so we just sent our cards in and it is fine. I think it maybe a random thing unless maybe they didn't check the box when he showed insurance card when he got his plates.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Get their plate number and call the DMV. It is against the law to drive without ins.! They will contact them. At least you've let them know. Citizens patrol! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I dont have insurance and I drive. I plan on gettting it soon as I can but not all people can afford it. My dh is the only one who can work at the moment. We have 4 kids and never can pay a bill on time want to tell me how we can get insurance when we can barely even make it as is?
    Chill out.
    I do think everyone should have it and I do plan on it soon but think about what situations other people are in.
    Anonymous

• I thought it was the law in every state to carry insurance on your car?
    Anonymous