My 2 month old is sick...help!

The doctor's office hasn't opened yet and I wanted some advice from you ladies. I'm living with my in-laws and everyone is sick but me. They either have the cough or flu or both. My baby is starting to get sick cuz he is coughing a lot more. Last time we went to the doctor, my husband and I asked him what we can do if he got the cough or flu and he told us there is no medicine for babies this young. All we can do is use a humidifier or vaporizer every night by his crib. I'm wondering if any of your babies have gotten sick at 2 months and what did you do to make him better? Should I still take him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes for a cough I would take him to the Dr. Coughs can get worse very quickly and especially at this time of the year. You need to be using a warm mist humidifier. You can also turn your bathroom into a steam room. Sit in there and play with him for 15 minutes. Try and keep him elevated as much as possible.

RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 9:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My daughter had a super stuffy nose and was coughing, I just went into the bathroom and turned on the hot water and let it steam. It cleared her nose, I just took the suction and used it in there. Her cough is getting a little better, but I also gave her .03 of Children's Tylenol. My daughter will be 3 months tomorrow.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Johnson and Johnson makes a vapor bath that really helps with congestion, although the knockoff brand works just as good. For a stuffy nose my doctor said use nasal spray and use the suction after that. I also have a vics warm humidifier and some baby vapor rub. My son usually feels better after two days.
    chermrichardson

Answer by chermrichardson at 11:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2009