23 yrs and in a rut.

I guess I am getting addicted to this because everyday I find something to really ask the advice and what others beleive, do and think is why we are here, to let off stem, see how the other half of the world thinks..lol.Anyways I have been happily married pretty much 23 yrs but it has become so boring, we do the same things day in and day out.we have 4 kids 2 out already and a 14 and 17 yr old.They are pretty busy with their things.Other then goin to dinner movies watching them at home any advice on some fun ideas for an old couple, well 40's and 5o's.;) We have raised kids for so long.when we are alone..We feel lost.Hope this made since.I tend to be scatter brained when writing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Go bowling, take a dance class(lots of studios will offer a free class to get you in), check Craigslist and meetup.com for groups in your area. Try some things you don't think you'd like. Ya' never know. Part of the fun of finding things to do is all the other experiences you get to have while you're looking. Even hating something can be tons of fun because you can laugh together afterward about how horrible it was.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I'm 45 and my dh is 51 and we've been married 20 years.  Our oldest is 16 and we see the empty nest on the horizon.  We have no intention of looking at each other when our kids have moved out and asking "what do we do now?"  So we have started building up a social life together and we are developing new interests, some together and some separately.  We've really started shaking things up in the bedroom too, which has brought the passion back.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You could join your local Y. You can work out, take classes, your kids could go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Lol desert diva!!! Bowling!!! I just turned 24 this month and DH is also 24. We're like an old married couple even though we've only been together for a little over 4 years. Guess what...we go bowling every monday night in a league!! And it really does bring us closer and we have alot of fun. I just love that you posted that b/c it makes me feel even more like I'm an older person :)
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• LOL! I only thought of it because my 10yr. old and I just started going once a week for Mommy/daughter night and we have SSSOOOO much fun!!! I'd never bowled in my life until last month and thought I'd hate it. Now I count the days until we get to go again.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have been married for 18 years... We have date night each week... But the trick to it is the other person can not get involved in the planning. Try to think back on when you were first dating or even first married. There are things that I know that my husband hate to due but if it is my date night and I planned it he will do it with me. Try glass works in Morristown, NJ. You can make plates, soap dishes, etc. It is a lot of fun. You can even bring a bottle of wine and some crackers while you are making things. Here is another one find a go cart track "in doors this time of the year", rock wall climbing, try to stay away from the same things (like going to the movies). Spice it up a little. During the summer I put togeather and nice picnic basket with a lantern and bring it out to your backyard or a nice park. Have fun.... Life is to short....
    SWagner24

Answer by SWagner24 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Dh and I have been married for over 20 years and to tell you the truth, going bowling, having a date night, and going to the movies is a start but not the finish...You have life to live...therefore, travel...see new things...go new places...they have deals with companies that pays for your flight and your hotel...all you need to do is go to a seminar for 30 minutes to an hour and you'll receive vouchers to go on trips...Life is too short to live it being cautious...live and enjoy life to the fullest!!!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009