Fake tan.

I need one. Does anything work without looking stupid? I'm doubtful but I thought I'd ask. No, I will not go to a tanning bed and no, the sun is not an option. And a shout out to all the b!tches that read this... ;)

JennaInAlaska

Asked by JennaInAlaska at 10:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I tried the neutrogenia tan lotion stuff last year. I put it on in my bathroom. I guess the color deepens as you wear it.

I went to the store and was being stared at. When I got to the car-I looked in the mirror-I was SOOO ORANGE! IT was funny-and embarrassing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The only thing that really works "other than the sun" is to get sprayed by a real good place. I did it last year before going to the beach. It was not bad. But beware it does not last that long and it is costly.
    SWagner24

Answer by SWagner24 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have used the lotion that is natural glow. I think it is jergens and it is lotion with a touch of self tanner. You aplly for a week or two and it will give you a warm glow without trying to get self tanner in the right spots. Just pick a fair skin light one.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• What what!! Neutrogena spray tan is AWESOME! I think it's called airbrush... hold on... nope, it's micro mist.

CLICK ME

Tell me if that didn't work.

.not.angel.

Answer by .not.angel. at 11:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The link works Angel, thanks!
    JennaInAlaska

Answer by JennaInAlaska at 11:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I've used the neutrogena spray too. It works when you hold the can upside down to so you can get it all over. Make sure you stand in the shower b/c it's going to get everywhere. Make sure you start off with the lightest color they have or you will look orange! OR you can go to the tanning salon and they have "spray booths' there. Your tan will look alot more even and it will last longer than the kind from the store.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• How much do spray booth tans cost?
    JennaInAlaska

Answer by JennaInAlaska at 11:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had a spray on tan from a booth once, maybe I paid $10 or $15 and it lasted a week. It was good enough, probably better than anything you will buy in a can. That was a few years ago so I bet they are even better now.
    Jesca4u

Answer by Jesca4u at 12:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Price on spray booths all depend on where you go. I made a day of it and went into the city to a very nice salon . It cost me $100 (way to much money). I have noticed that some of the tanning salons now offer this option. You might want to check on out in your area.... I think it was beach bums that is offering a buy one get one free.
    SWagner24

Answer by SWagner24 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I like the Hemp stuff that is a lotion that goes on very gradually. You put it on every day and it looked totally natural, no streaks or anything. Just be very careful around your elbows, knees and ankles. They sell it at Walmart.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2009