Birth Control

I have been on the shot for almost a year now and my last period was in July 2008. Now I have taken pregnancies tests here and there and they have been negative. And I have also been told that sometimes when you are on the shot you won't get a period. So, this morning I started spotting after sex, which never happens to me. What could be going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• Please get off of the shot. You are doing so much damage to your body with that form of BC. I am speaking from experience (www.purelybalanced.com to read my story). Everything you are experiencing is all normal reaction to the shot. It causes no periods (I had none) or bleeding out of nowhere, or bleeding with sex. It also causes bone density loss, sciatic nerve damage, mood swings, anxiety, depression... the list goes on. Please do some research on Depo Provera. It is really nasty stuff. I cannot believe they are allowed to administer that crap still.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Many doctors do not let their patients know that just because you have a certain type of tolerance (or reaction) to a medication for any period of time, does not mean that symptoms and side effects will NOT change. What you are describing is a "normal" side effect from the depo shot, and I have to agree with the first reply: this can be a very damaging, toxic form of BC, and there are less risky alternatives you might consider. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 6:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• p.s. I had the depo shot, and can speak from experience as well...it took my body THREE years to recover from just 2 shots. Its important to talk to your doctor about the side effects and whether or not its a good idea to continue that form of BC!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 6:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Which form of BC to you all feel is best? Because I have thought about changing, but I am getting used to not having a period to deal with along with everything else. It is kinda nice, but then I wonder every month am I pregnant? And maybe in the future I might want to be again...is there a chance that that chance is destoried?
    Anonymous