why are schools taking away the students cells and pressing charges for racey pics?

i dont get it ... they chose to take the pic , they chose to send it to those people , wth is the problem?! ... my bf and i arent in school , but god forbit someone get his phone pw and sees the pics in there ... i dont see wat right the school has going thru the phones to see those pics ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• At some point 'racey pics' are considered porn. Sending porn over the internet, or cell phone, is illegal. And if it's pics of MINORS, I do believe it's a FELONY. It is a big deal.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The major problem is that these racy pics are of minors, it canbe considered a form of child pornography. These children should not be taking these pictures! And I believe there should be consequences.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i see that point ... but ok lets say im 16, sending my 16 y/o bf a pic of my boobs on his cell ... i consented to him having that pic ... why would we get in trouble -- fyi im not 16 lol just asking as a minor lol
    Anonymous

• It's wrong, if I foud pictures like that on my son's phone the school wouldn't have to take it away because I would.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Kids don't need to have cells at school-just like they didn't need pagers. Phones are for use after school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• some students need phones at school , wat about the teens who have kids in day care? ... my school never gave me msgs wen my son was sick or nuthing!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The point is we need to stop these kids from doing that. If we don't stop them we are essentially telling them that it is ok to flaunt themselves naked. Would you honestly want your children to degrade themselves by sending naked pictures to each other? Naughty pictures between two consenting adults in a relationship is a completely different story, these are children!
    Anonymous

• if my son or daughter is comfortable w/ themselves to do that , then hey ... more power to them ... alota kids are growing up w/ no self confidence , and if they have enough of it to do that , then go ahead! ...... i had 0 confidence growing up , im 21 and are just getting it! my dad used to tell me mean things about my self , and i bleaved it so ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Well, don't get pregnant while in high school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• if my son or daughter is comfortable w/ themselves to do that , then hey ... more power to them ... alota kids are growing up w/ no self confidence , and if they have enough of it to do that , then go ahead! ...... i had 0 confidence growing up , im 21 and are just getting it! my dad used to tell me mean things about my self , and i bleaved it so

You think you get self confidence by showing your boobs to a boy and they give you attention?? What kind of boy do you think you're going to attract with behavior like that? She'll have lower self confidence when the next girl comes along with bigger boobs and he goes off with her. Try growing a brain and get your self confidence from being smart and making good decisions!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2009