What does too much fluid mean?

Too much amniotic fluid could mean....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could mean many things or nothing at all. Need to ask your doctor about this. It is on a patient by patient basis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have too much fluid. They just monitored it because it has a chance of making you dilate early because of the pressure on your cervix. Also they watch and make sure that your amniotic sack is not pressing so hard that it is coming through your cervix. I had like 8 ultrasounds because they were watching my fluid. Nothing happened... I'm due next week.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i had too much fluid also. they monitored me very closely and everything turned out to be fine.

myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had too much but never found out till I was in labor. My OB didn't catch it due to only getting 2 ultrasounds (1 to date the pregnancy and 1 midway through like usual). It just caused me to not actually go into labor. I was contracting but not progressing fast due to my water. Once it was broken my kid came quickly (within 4 hours). However, my water bag was trying to come out first and they broke it because of that but the nurse had to apply pressure to my belly to try and prevent a cord prolapse.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009