Young with upper dentures..

It was two yrs ago when I got my upper plate, something I never thought I would ever have to do until very old maybe.I'm in my early 4o's They do look great..made to look like my other teeth but of course all there and looks good.but I still feel somewhat nervous about them.They stay in great are fitted perfect and do not bother me but still self contagious about them..what if they fell out while I was laughing etc..in front of someone.Anyone young and had this done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• There was a kid in my school that had dentures because all her teeth got knocked out when she was a child. She was very pretty and very popular. I have not had it done so I can not relate, but I hope it helps to know there are others worse off. I hope I don't sound snotty. I know what it like to be self conscience about something! Try not to stress.smile mini

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I'm 42 and am ready for dentures myself. I have such bad teeth, and I do take good care of them. my dad said he got dentures at 38, and my mom was missing a lot of back molars before she passed away. I think bad teeth are genetic.
    I'm down to 17 teeth, it's getting hard to chew. I'd like to just get partials, but with my luck i'd get them and then need a full set of dentures anyway in a year or two.
    Goodluck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My grandma never got her second set of teeth in. when her baby teeth feel out that was it she has to get dentures by the age 16. My mom needed dentures by the time she was 30. Bad teeth are genetic. She took care of them but they still broke and rotted. I am 25 and so far I have most of my teeth. I only have 2 that need to be pulled. But they break easy and feel loose. I am super self conscience about one day them just falling out. I know how you feel knowing I will be in the same boat with ya at your age:( But the only thing we can do is try to get over it. Sorry not much help I know. Just thought I would share that you aren;t the only one
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2009