Gloria Allred's non-profit organization has offered to help the Octoplets mom with care for the children...

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/02/gloria_allred_octuplets.php
Allred and the charity Angels in Waiting, founded by a local LA nurse at Kaiser, say they want to provide 24/7 medical care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and a home for the octomom and her brood of 14. They say their plan will provide for the medical needs of the newborns without "one dime from the taxpayers."

At a press conference today, the charity's founder Linda Conforti said "This is something where she can still be a mom. We're not trying to rip these children away. We're trying to give her a support system."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nadya Suleman was given the offer a few weeks ago, and she has NOT responded. Why would she NOT take this offer. It is said it will cost $130,000 a month to medically care for these children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish someone would pick up the tab for us- I would love to have more kids. But, can't afford them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Seriously Anon! I think this lady should have some sort of punishment, along with her doctors, for even having this done! All this for publicity and fourteen kids caught in the crossfire. Personally, I wish the kids would get sent to families who can care for them properly and have this lady examined...but if not, I guess it's good someone is willing to help the children. Take the offer damn it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• And this proves that all you have to do is be irresponsible and bring chidren into the mix and you will be given handouts left and right so you won't have to take responsibility for anything that you do. I wonder who the next Octuplet mother will be expecting the same handout?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• This is going directly to benefit the children. It will cost taxpayers more if you have to care for her 14 kids on welfare when they grow up then to try to help them now. You know that many families on welfare on generational. That means that if she is on it and that's all her kids know and they know how to work the system then those kids will have kids and we'll have 14 new families on welfare all stemming from one mother on welfare. We need to help the kids!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Of course she has! She needs someway of keeping herself in the spotlight! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The kids need to be helped and I applaud Allred. But to hear that she hasn't accepted the help is ABSURD.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yeah I know the feeling we are in foreclosure and having a really hard time. My little one's traumatic accident has added so many extra expenses that even with our insurance the balances are trmendous. Our house that we bought two years ago is practically falling apart because the owners didn't disclose everything they just covered it up and now we stuck with the huge mortgage that was affordable and now we have to do sxty thousand in repairs. And it is so sad because we will have to take the fall for these people just wanting to scam someone into buying a home that is not livable. And it is unsanitary because the septic system is thirty years old when they sold it as brand new. Sorry for venting guys! But we can't get any help :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I am beyond infuriated that this wacko octomom is being rewarded for her irresponsible, fraudulent, selfishness!! She has committed insurance fraud and welfare fraud!! She is a welfare recipient, she is shopping at Nordstroms, buying lip glass for around $30.00 a pop, getting her nails done, and looking at a home that is $1.5 million dollars. This is a travesty and it sickens me to the core! What about single Mom's struggling, working 2 and 3 jobs just to make ends meet, with special needs children, sacrificing and being responsible.......help these Mom's!! Help the Mom's in battered women's shelter struggling, not sure how they are going to support her and her children.....help these Mom's!! NOT this wacko octomom!!!!!!!! What a crock of crap!! She is sick!  This whole thing is sick!  She is exploiting these precious children, she's sick!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Punishing the mom would unfortunately punish the children. I think this is a very noble gesture. Obviously everyone thinks this mother doesn't deserve a dime for her deeds, but her children shouldn't suffer. They're the innocent victims. I think that the state should make her accept this offer. They should refuse to give her financial support on the grounds that this offer is "income" to her and she does not qualify for aid based on the value of the medical support.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Anon 10:49, did you have the house inspected before you bought it? The inspection didn't turn up any of these problems? Is it possible to sue the previous owners for lack of disclosure?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009