if you have older kids.

i have two teens and they will take the baby into her room to play with her. when they are done they never pick anything up and they leave all her toys turned on thus making everything talk and sing when i try to lay her down and it always wakes her up. it bugs the shit out of me . if you have older kids what do they do that really hits a nerve with you?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd hide the baby's toys in their beds so that they lay down and hear the noises when they're trying to sleep. Maybe they'll stop. Or tell them everytime it happens they have to watch the baby for the rest of the afternoon. No fun time for them! Then YOU take a break!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• the same thing as yours so i bought an alarm clock radio and hid it under the bed in their rooms and set it to go off at 5 in the morning and told them, its no fun getting woke up is it? and they quit doing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ha ha good idea
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Oh Anon, I am going to have to remember that one!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My 12 year old does the same thing with the twins. She also drags a ton of stuff into the living room and builds elaborate houses or forts for them, which they love, but then I can't walk through the room and EVERY pillow and blanket in the house is in the wrong place when it's time for bed.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ha ha i wish i could take a break. lol well i mean if you are going to take the energy to turn them on then turn them off damn it. ughhhhh
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• At least yours play with the baby mine don't ever, and my seven year old when the baby has one of his toys he will ysnk it out of his hand then sit there and complain that the baby is crying. It is so annoying and I don't know how to stop it other than videotape him doing it so he can see how mean he is. Do you think that is a good idea.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Anon 9:38.....awesome parenting! Let the punishment fit the crime! lol Teach by example! You rock!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• edna go ahead and tape him and see what he does,but what i would do in that case is take all his favorite toys sit the baby in the middle of the room with all the toys and tell your seven year old he is not allowed to touch them and see if he likes that. i dont know im just mean like that i guess lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2009