How accurate is psychic prediction??

A few years ago I had a psychic reading that predicted that I would have twin girls, then a year or so ago I had another one where the lady predicted 2 pregnancies. Now I have had my son, I am just wondering how accurate you think the twin prediction still is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I predict that you will not find the answer you are looking for....LOL. And I don't mean that in a rude way. I just don't really believe in that stuff. But if you do.... good luck and maybe you will have twins one day.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It depends on the person. Some are truly gifted while others are not.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Okay first some can be VERY Accurate however I would stay away from them because the Bible warns us that they are of the Devil. On the other hand if you are not a Christian then just know that some are fakes and some are very well connected.
    ljdsnow

Answer by ljdsnow at 11:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Psychics typically play the odds, they make a bunch of statements just vague enough that eventually, at some point in your life, you'll have something happen that meets the criteria of the prediction. Then they throw in a few specific ones with the caveat that you have the ability to change your destiny, so you can write those off as not happening because you made them not happen. If you're a skeptic - the twins was probably one of those specific unlikely statements. If you're a believer, you must have changed your destiny. Either way, your chances of twins are about as likely as they were if you'd never gone to see the psychic in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think if a psychic gets a prediction right it's probably conincidence or a good guess. People who receive psychyic readings are so helpful because they'll forget/ignore all the predictions that a psyic gets wrong and be amazed by the ones the psychic got right. They'll take a psychic's vague predictions and make it fit into their circumstances. They do most of the work for a psychic.

People think psychics are accurate because they don't understand how psychics techniques like hot and cold reading. They don't understand the concepts of confirmation bias or the law of truly large numbers. They don' undersand how memories can play tricks on us and how dreams and premonitions are often filled in after the fact. (Like recongizing something was a prediction after the fact).

So I doubt the prediction was accurate at all.
    Anonymous

• I have seen some fake ones and some real ones. I went to one, that talked about a Grandmother of mine, told me her name, and some things she loved, etc. Was very accurate in her descrition of her and her name, etc. I gave no facts or informantion for her to draw her conclusions.. so I would have to call her a real psychic. However I have seen some, especially the ones on TV where they draw information from the person by asking general questions. Those I believe are fake. I can not tell you if she was real or not.. I could say, perhaps there were two babies to start with, and one was lost very early in the pregnancy.. or I could say she was a fraud. But as I said I can't really tell you since.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If you would like to meet a real psychic, perhaps you can PM me, and I can direct you to the one, I felt was real, perhaps she can answer some of these questions for you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My mother worked in a nursing home when I was a kid. There was this little old lady there that used to grab your hand as you walked by and tell you your fortune. She told my sister someone was going to give her a car and a week later someone did. She told me I would be either a bookkeeper or a teacher. I have been both. I've never known anyone else who had an accurate reading from a psychic, but that lady seemed pretty accurate.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I can predict that most of psychics are a bunch of bunk! I also agree with NotPanicking. They use common methods that could apply to a number of people or are so vague you start to read into what they say.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I am a psychic and I can tell you that things dont work in black and white. A psychic can tell you the path you are most likely to take based on your current actions, but if you choose to make a different decision sometimes that path will change. And sometimes that path is inevitable but if that is the case it is because of something you did to lead you that way. Reading for people takes a lot of your own energy and it is something I have always done naturally. It is in no way affiliated with the devil or demons, although I can see how someone uneducated about psychics might think so. I have yet to be wrong although I am not god so its always a possibilty. That being said their are fakes and frauds and people who do it just for the money. Thats a risk you have to take, but in general I wouldnt trust anyone who demanded large sums in return for their help.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009