• In the Spotlight:

I get embarressed when I hear the words..

pussy, dick, the f word.just makes me very uneasy sounds gross to me and I have noticed with this teen generation they use the f word almost every breathe..not just teens either.I think it shows their ignorance or show offy,, Can't ppl talk without all that..Just sayin.they can't talk..I can't spell..lol..;))

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If F****** people like you wouldnt fu*****ing point out all of our F***ing wrong doings maybe we F***ing woulding F***ing use the F***ing F word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't get embarrassed, I get irritated! Especially when I am around, (an elder woman), there is absolutely no respect. What happened to not cursing around woman?! What happened to respecting your elders?  Honestly, if I hear a teen curse and I'm within ear shot or with my children within ear shot, I say something to them! Talk crap all you want amongst the guys, just have respect not to do so in front of women and children!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I agree. There are a lot of words that really bother me. I don't think people realize how uneducated they sound when they use them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I agree. F*ck every other work just makes you sound uneducated, and pussy just sounds gross to me. Dick I don't mind so much, but pussy to me just sounds, again, uneducated and derogatory.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I agree with Blessed. I am in my 20's and it bothers me too so it isn't an age thing.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think the F word has it's place to show emotion and to indicate a certain purpose. Over use of it is abuse though. I can be prudish so some words do make me uneasy. I have to say that I use the word pussy to make my husband laugh sometimes. He likes the shock of it. For example:

DH: They are selling romantic candles that can get you in the mood for Valentine's day.

Me: What, do they smell like pussy?

But, that is just when it's the two of us. I wouldn't talk that way if anyone else was listening.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I became that way after having kids lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• This is a strange topic for me, becuase i am torn. Both my parents (mom rocks by the way) have HORRIBLE sailor mouthes. I mean, by the time i was 12 everything was f-ing this f-ing that. even if i'm in a great mood, to this day swears come out of my mouth like they're just normal, non-offensive words. But, this is totally different when it comes to my child. I swore that i would not swear around her like my parents did, ok i slip up sometimes....but i told her that my parents did not teach me not to swear (this is true, they did not) =, so i learned something bad. I told her that i AM teaching her not to say those words becuase they are discusting & sound ugly. She feels bad that my parents did not teach me better, but she is also glad that i learned to teach her well from my parents mistakes. She is a good girl, & does not swear. She does not like the sound of those words.....THANK GOD!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• "DH: They are selling romantic candles that can get you in the mood for Valentine's day.

Me: What, do they smell like pussy"

Now THAT is hilarious!!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I occasionally slip up too. I embarred myself royally once, talking to a very nice computer tech about a problem that had me on the edge of insanity, and I slipped up and said something to the effect that it (the problem) was making me so F***ing mad... He smothered a laugh, and I immediately realized what I'd said, here I was this obviously from my voice middle-aged lady spouting a word like that! I agree the word is overused and it usually makes me uncomfortable if someone is using it indiscriminately.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2009