Free credit monitoring from Target for one year?

What do you think?

Asked by m-avi at 5:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2014 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's the least they can do. They're in such deep shit it'll take years to dig out of it.

Answer by Brawn at 5:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• That's the same thing Sony did after there was a breach of their gaming accounts which all require credit card data. I guess it can't hurt to take them up on the offer. I did after the Sony thing.

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• It's the least they can do, and never let it be said they didn't do the least they could do, right? No seriously, I guess it's a start.

Answer by Ballad at 6:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• I thought that was offered to people who had been stolen from. Now it's for everyone who shopped there during that time? If that's the case, then I'm signing up! Thanks for the info :)

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• I need to take them up on the offer

Answer by wagners7 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• I signed up, or at least started the process. Of course, it's a good deal for the credit monitoring company, which markets a lot of its other products that can be bought at the same time, at the consumer's own expense. But still, the free offer from Target is nice.

Answer by Ballad at 11:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2014

• Hubby signed up last night, we do keep an eye on our credit already but for free, why not. On the plus side it isn't target doing the monitoring, and Experian is a known name in credit info.

Answer by emptynstr at 10:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2014

• LMAO! Right?!

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2014