What is a good schedule for a 13 month old baby?

I watch my neighbor's 13 month old baby and I have been since she was 6 weeks old. I think her schedule needs to be adjusted and I am having trouble with her naps. She gets up at 6:45am and her mom brings her to me at 7am and I feed her breakfast with my boys at 7:30am. I take my boys to preschool at 8:20am and then lay her down for a nap between 9am and 9:30am and she will sleep anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. We then go get my boys from preschool at 12pm, eat lunch by 12:30pm and have playtime until about 1:30 or 2pm and then I lay her back down for a nap but this past week she has been fighting the afternoon nap and will play in her crib for up to an hour or so and then will fall asleep around 3pm and will sleep until about 4:30pm and then her mom picks her up at 5:30pm and feeds her dinner, bath and bedtime is 8:30pm. Any suggestions on how to adjust her schedule.

doubleblessed04

Asked by doubleblessed04 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For her morning nap, if she's waking up around 11:30, to put her back down at 2pm, that's only 2 1/2 hours of being awake. I would push it out untill maybe 3 or 3:30 for her second nap. Since she is in there playing, she is telling you she's not ready. Let her play more and it should make her more tired and ready for nap time! Then she will be up by 5:30 when mommy comes. And 8:30 seems really early to me for bed time. Again, that's only 3 hours of being awake. But she does get up early too. Hope this helps.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009