Pop tarts a healthy breakfast??

My kids don't eat them, and if they did I really doubt I would be giving it to them as a regular breakfast. What do your kids eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Kaylee is only 9 months but she eats a scrambled egg and then a bottle for breakfast. When she gets old enough to eat poptarts, no, she will not be getting them for breakfast. They are loaded with sugar.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My 23 month old gets breastmilk and an egg with fruit if he hasn't eaten all I have already. My big kids eat many things. A bagel and cream cheese, omlets, cereal, etc. They do get the occasioanl pop tart but only if we really have to be gone like 10 minutes ago.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My daughter typically eats 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, oatmeal or cereal on shcool days. On the weekends I will make her sausage and eggs or pancakes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I buy poptarts occassionally. The kids freeze them and eat them as snacks.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Sure..poptarts are awesome. My kids love them. They don't eat them every morning because they like cereal more, but every now and then, they like them. We keep strawberry and the smores and sometimes the apple cinnamon. My kids are old enough to decide what they want to eat in moderation. On the weekends, I will cook hot breakfast but not during the week.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Pop tarts are a treat, not a food. If you read the box, it states they are "part of a nutritious breakfast" - a breakfast that also includes toast, juice, fruit, milk... all the things that actually make a good breakfast.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My kids eat them if we are running late. And sometimes for snack after school. I know they are loaded w/ sugar, but I make them run it off. I make them go outside and play everyday for at least an hour. This also make them go to bed on time. I HATE RAINY DAYS.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I get pop tarts but they are more of a snack option. I have never let them eat just that for breakfast.
    momto4chicks

Answer by momto4chicks at 12:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Honestly, that is what my oldest son and I eat for breakfast. But we also have milk with it and he sometimes has cereal with it. It is just a habit for us now and it is very hard for us to break it since we are both autistic. However, I have been eating poptarts for breakfast since I was 8 or so because I had to get myself up for school by myself and it was the only thing I knew how to make since my mom didn't buy cereal.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I buy them every once in awhile as a treat or if we know we need to be on the go. Other than that it is cereal, oatmeal, eggs toast etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009