Anyone got a divorce with ex being serve a legal notice in paper and was a no show in court?

Has anyone got thier divorce with ex not being in court and with a public newspaper notice? So did everything go your way? My ex is no where to be found - refuses to be found so my attorney had to put a public notice about the final hearing in the paper. He told me everything will be done that day - child support, debts and all the contempt of courts i had file and nothing could be done because he never could get "SERVED". What happen during your court?

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• That was my situation, and everything was finalized the way I requested it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Sorry, no my ex was served, but then neither he nor his atty showed up for court. I got everything I was asking for. Your atty is doing the right thing. I wouldn't worry. I also wouldn' t expect to actually get child support unless you have his wages garnished (which might be a good idea to ask for now- considering he's already gone AWOL).... but you will have to find him somehow (hire a private detective- someone who can track him by his social security number).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• u can nalways go thru child support recovery they well find him trust me ...my ex switches jobs alot and they have always found him...so go and apply and see what they say never hurts to try .... hope that helps !!
    Dixiemomchick

Answer by Dixiemomchick at 11:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• you win by default. Yes I did. No he didn't show. yes I won everything I asked for.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If he isn't legally served, he can always take you back to court later and it's like nothing ever happened before. He can claim he never knew about it. So even though he doesn't show up for court, it doesn't matter. They have to find him first.
    Anonymous

• Yup, and it made things easier. I was worried he'd be there. He was abusive, and I didn't want to ever see him again.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had to "serve" my ex through the newspaper for the appropriate time period and he never showed up for court. I had gone to court for a legal separation a year earlier and had child support, custody, visitation, and alimony established at that point so the judge in the divorce court just took the same order and established it as the divorce decree. We didn't have any property so there were no disputes and he didn't want anything to do with his daughter so he didn't show up to contest.
    The legal court decree is what the child support used for enforcement and went after him for all the arrears and to dock his wages and take his income tax refunds until she finished high school.
    Of course, my alimony stopped once I remarried, which was fine because I didn't want anything from him in the first place except for what rightfully belonged to my daughter.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009