Don't you think it is rude?

When you say goodmorning how are you? To someone and they look directly at you and don't respond.
I work as a receptionist at a motorcycle dealership and most of my job is greeting people when they walk in and I get this quite often.
I think it is horribly rude, am I wrong?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 11:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I think it's rude too!!! I can't stand when people are like that. Or how about when you are trying to deal with a stroller and people can't stop to help with the door. Or can't be bothered to say thank you when you open the door for them (especially when you're toting the stroller)!!!! MANNERS!!!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No. you're not wrong. People lack common courtesy these days.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• hello good morning edna
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Very rude. They don't have to respond back but can at least acknowledge you with a nod or fake smile.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Its rude.

Like saying "doing fine thx" or "not so good",etc is gonna kill someone. Heck even just a smile your direction can be an answer.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think it's rude. I always respond to people. It's one thing if they do not hear you but if you look in your direction and still don't respond, it's very rude. Even a smile can be an okay response though.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• some people only think its done in passing, not like your genuinely wanting to know how they are.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think most people get tired of hearing the common " how are you doing" or "may I help you". I work at a dealership too, I always try to ask them a question like, "It sure is cold out there hungh?" Or " I like your coat!" Something more personal will get them to respond. Then you wont feel like your just talking to yourself! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• But they could at least acknowledge I am there like smile or something they don't even have to speak. and good morning jodi how are you?
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I do that too forevermom, but this guy looked right at me and I said, how are you today? then walked right past shaking his head, blah blah blah
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2009