Who are you?

In the favorite quotes thread, this quote got my particular attention:

"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.” ― Maya Angelou "

So, who are you? What do you think you've shown about yourself here? Do you think that is reflective of who you really are?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2014 in Just for Fun

• I'm no different here than I am IRL. What you see is what you get. If someone doesn't like it, they know what they can do.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• I'm a very passionate person and care a lot about people in general.
    But Don't mess with my family and friends.

My demons are just that, mine. I really don't like attention on myself and try to avoid it, but if pushed, I could care less what others think. I'll say what's on my mind.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• Who am I ?

I am not through becoming me so I am not sure. I can say that what you see here is me to a point. I am just as big of a bitch I irl if I need to be. I am loyal to my family and friends and will be there for them for eternity. Even a few I have made on here , I would have their back irl too!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• Now that I read that indifference is the opposite of love I need to change my answer. Actually, I won't change it. People are free to think of me any way they want. I try to be civil and tolerant. If someone doesn't see me that way it's because something I wrote either struck a nerve or it was interpreted that way, which I have no control over. I am who I am and that's good enough for me.smile mini

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• I don't think my presence here is very reflective all of the actual me. Like kmath said, it's sort of bits and pieces of me.

I keep a lot of who I am private and close to the vest. I struggle with a lot of demons :( But, to balance that, I do think I'm pretty positive, outspoken and transparent with the information I do share with you guys. Some of you know more than others.

I hope that answered your question lol....clearly I have a rambling issue!

Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 1:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• Even at my age I don't know who I am, not entirely anyway. Do I think my actions/words on this board accurately express who I am? To some extent yes. I don't say or do things here that I wouldn't in my own life, but I also don't share everything about me. It is hard to truly know someone through the internet, in a forum like this. I think you guys get bits and pieces of me, but not ALL of me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• I don't know. I guess if you had to go off of my attitude here you would think I was kind of indifferent. Hmmm, maybe I am. I guess that is my answer. I'm indifferent.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• Wow...deep.

Honestly, I don't really know. I often feel misunderstood & shocked by how some interpret me. Of course, that's mostly with men. I seem to get along, in general, better with women. Because men tend to take me too seriously, or maybe they just don't get my sarcasm?. I prefer harmony. I love to laugh and, like to stay nice & calm. But, that's not always possible in this world, or on CM. I hope that's how I come across here.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• I agree with Brawn, I also keep A LOT to myself. I don't tend to share any negativity. Unless is something like bitching about my Ex. I keep my demons to myself.

I'm also naturally a nurturer & tend to put others before myself. But, I've been learning more & more to say "NO" & to realize that other peoples problems & issues are NOT MY OWN.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2014

• I'm an introvert. Even on here I tend to be very reserved but I will open up to the right people. On here, my answers can either be funny, short, sarcastic. In reality I'm a very smart and insightful person who knows a little something about everything and can see right through a person's bullshit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2014