Who is the big spender in the house?

You or him? I think I am (if you consider grocery shopping being the big spender lol) but he hardly buys anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• husband I am cheap!
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 11:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My DH is the big spender. I do not consider paying bills or buying stuff that we need for the house, that includesfood. thoughs are needs not wants. My DH spends the most on wants.

Answer by louise2 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• depends on what is being bought lol
    he spends all the money on guns and electronics, I spend on groceries, household items and clothing. any real big ticket items we agree on together.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It depends. I spend a lot of expensive clothes and things for our son that he really doesn't need. But my husband is always buying new vehicles or "man toys" like four-wheelers or big screen televisions. I like those toys too so I don't complain! We are both big spenders, we just spend it on different things.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Hubby all the way. Thats why im booting him out. He dont care about the bills we have just what he wants spend, spend, spend. Leaves me home to deal with the bill collectors. And figure out how my check will pay for everything. It only goes so far.
    cpaxsoon09

Answer by cpaxsoon09 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Cpaxsoon, I am sorry to hear about your husband's lack of financial responsibility. It can be a really hard thing when two adults don't have the same values and goals.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't think either of us spends more than the other. He gets his hair cut every week so he spends the same as I do on that even though I do mine every other month. I don't get my nails done etc. We usually want big toys like motorcycles when we spend money so we wind up saving up for it and get whatever we want.
    groceries does NOT count cuz that is for the whole family - silly girl! :o)
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It's definitely me. Hubby pinches the nickle until the buffalo poops! LOL
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 2:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009